By Sunny Lee | EVA News
The 2016 East Village Un-Gala awards — held Oct. 20 at Fault Line Park, located at 1433 Island Ave. in East Village — showcased the amazing businesses, members and volunteers who are helping to transform the East Village into San Diego’s most livable urban village.
Congratulations to the following 2016 EVAs award winners:
- Paws-itively, aka Most Pet-Friendly Business: Hotel Indigo
- Social Media Champ: BASIC Urban Kitchen + Bar
- #EastVillageSD best use of # on Instagram: Pretty Seven Boutique
- Save Mother Earth, aka Most Eco-Friendly Business or Organization: Smarts Farm
- Better Together, aka Most Collaborative Development: Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- It’s 5 o’clock Somewhere, aka Most Creative Selection of Beverages: The Blind Burro
- “That’s So East Village”: San Diego Central Library
- The Do The Ride Thing award: BNIM San Diego
- 2016 Warren Simon Volunteer of the Year: Joni Incrocci
- 2016 Business of the Year: MAK Cleaners
Thank you to all of our sponsors, including A7d, Alliance Residential, The Blind Burro, Citrus Public Relations, David’s Harp Foundation, Downtown San Diego Partnership’s Clean & Safe, Fabric Investments, Friends of Central Library, MMC Real Estate Holdings, San Diego Restaurant Supply, Urbana and U.S. Bank.
Craft Beer and beverages donated by Groundswell Brewing Company, Half Door Brewing Co, Mission Brewery, Monkey Paw Brewing Company, Old Harbor Distilling Co, Thorn Street Brewery, Trust Me Vodka, and Weichelt Real Estate Services.
—Sunny Lee is the program manager of the East Village Association, a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation that manages the East Village business improvement district. To learn more visit the eastvillagesandiego.com.