East Village Residents Group (EVRG) will hold their bi-monthly meeting on Thursday, Nov. 17, at 6 p.m. and it is open to the public.
The meeting takes place at East Village Community Church, located at 1374 Island Ave. and hosted by Dr. Hubbard.
Topics and speakers for this month’s meeting:
- Brian Elliott, field representative to Rep. Scott Peters – with congressional updates
- Joyce Temporal, deputy director to Sen. Marty Block of the 39th District – with state updates
- John Ly, director of outreach in Mayor Faulconer’s office – with the mayor’s updates
- Brad Richter, V.P. of Civic San Diego – with updates on upcoming projects and improvements in East Village
- San Diego Police updates by police liaison, Marlo Woods
- Alonso Vivas, new executive director of Clean & Safe – with updates on Clean & Safe
- This month’s special guest speaker will be Duane Hagewood, of Carrier Johnson + Culture.
Mr. Hagewood will be presenting to the group regarding the Park and Market project.
- Election of new EVRG board members will then be conducted by Robert Weichelt, followed by the member’s forum.
EVRG’s next meeting: Jan. 19, 2017, at East Village Community Church
Check out events and activities in East Village on: evrgsd.org.