14th Street Promenade Update
The 14th Street Promenade will be an urban trail that accommodates a variety of activities through the East Village community of Downtown San Diego, helping meet the social and recreation needs of this growing community.
A comprehensive and sustainable streetscape design will include a range of activities and features including walking, children’s areas, local art displays, sensory play areas, historical artifacts, and other design elements.
Join us at the workshop to review and provide input on the draft concept plan. Provide your input on the proposed design concept, amenities, landscape elements and additional features.
Community Workshop #2
Thursday, May 12 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Civic San Diego boardroom
401 B Street, Suite 400
Visit 511sd.com for transportation options to the workshop. Parking validation is not available.
Get involved with other East Village Residents
The next meeting of the East Village Residents Group is Wednesday, May 11, at 6 p.m. This month’s meeting will be held at the Urban Discovery Academy, located at 840 14th St., and hosted by MaeLin Levin, president of the academy.
The following people will present at the meeting:
- Brian Elliott, representative to Rep. Scott Peters;
- Joyce Temporal, Deputy Director to State Senator Marty Block;
- Anthony Bernal, representative for District 3 Councilmember Todd Gloria;
- Brad Richter, vice chair of Civic San Diego, to discuss updates to E.V.;
- Bajija Hamraz, executive director of Downtown Partnership’s Clean & Safe Program – review safety patrols and increase in services;
- Fred Maas – representative for the Chargers, with a PPT presentation on the proposed “convadium” in East Village;
- SDPD updates
- Social updates — info about the new charter high school and managing alcohol outlets in the neighborhood.
The next meeting will be held at July 21. For more information and to learn about events in East Village, visit evrgsd.org.